Unfortunately, it is sometimes necessary to close the Academy because of severe weather problems or other emergencies. The Academy will only be closed as a last resort, and the times when this actually happens are rare.
Before deciding upon closure the following considerations are made:
- Are access roads safe?
- Are there on-site hazards?
- Will there be enough staff to supervise?
- Can a reasonable temperature be maintained?
- Are toilet facilities and water operational?
Guidelines we follow:
- Should it be necessary to close the Academy during the day we will telephone parents.
- If we are unable to contact parents we will keep the child at school until normal time.
- If there are serious weather problems- floods, storms or snow, the Headteacher will inform Norfolk County Council and local radio stations of the decision to close the school.
- Parents are advised to listen to local radio stations, where updated lists of schools closing will be read at regular intervals and check Norfolk County Council’s website www.norfolk.gov.uk/education. Select ‘Emergency school Closures’ from the list on the right for a regular updated list of school closures.
- Where possible, staff will inform parents of the closure by using the MyEd and Class Dojo apps.