Welcome to our Governors section.
The governing board is a federation of Gayton and Middleton Church of England Primary Academies. The board was formed in December 2018 as a partnership of the two schools.
The Board members for the federation are:
- Andrea Fitt - Chair
- Andrew Dewing - Vice Chair
- Becky Box - Safeguarding
- James Shilling - Health and Safety
- Jane Hill - Clerk
- Rachel Mellor
- Daniel Barnes
- Rev. Jane Holmes
- Tony Leigh
- Rachael Greenhalgh
The board meets monthly and fulfils the functions of usual committees during these meetings.
The governing body has three main functions.
- Ensuring clarity of vison, ethos and strategic direction in accordance with the DNEAT Ethos and Mission Statement.
- Working with DNEAT to hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its pupils.
- Working with DNEAT in overseeing the financial performance of the Academy and ensuring the money is well spent
Primary responsibility for these functions is held by the DNEAT Board of Trustees, but it delegates responsibility to the local governing body of each academy via a Scheme of Delegation. Our Scheme of Delegation for this academic year can be found on the web site.
Our priorities for the coming year are:-
Challenging leaders at all levels maintain a sharper focus in plans and practice on what is being done to improve teaching and learning and what impact this is having on improving more rapidly the progress that pupils and groups of pupils are making.
Challenging teachers have high expectations of all pupils and set work at the right level for pupils by taking account of what they already know and can do, and what they need to learn next.
We always welcome suggestions, feedback and ideas from parents – please contact the Chair of Governors via the Academy office on 01553 840234.