Sports Funding: September 2015 -2016 we received £8,510
Our P.E. and School Sport Funding last year enabled us to:
- Host and run inter school sports competitions and participate in cluster events.
- Increase participation levels in competitive sport such as cheer leading.
- Continue to offer children opportunities for children to try new sports they may continue to take part in as they grow older such as sailing, cheer leading, and archery.
- To improve the quality of P.E. teaching through working with the West Norfolk Sports Partnership.
- Improve the fitness levels, health and skills of years 4, 5, and 6 through working and being tested with Edufit.
- Increased participation in competitive sports particularly in KS1 who had previously never competed – other academies, tri golf, cheer leading
- Results from Edufit tracking of fitness have shown increased fitness levels.
- Children with special needs have participated in sporting activities with other children and cluster sports day.
Allocation for 2016 -2017 is £8,510
Funding will continue to be used to:
- Employ specialist P.E. teachers to teal alongside teachers in lessons to increase subject knowledge and confidence in teaching P.E.
- Allow K.S.2 children to take part in fitness and skills training.
- Provide gifted and talented children additional support with equipment, coaching and opportunities to take part in local and county competitions.
- Support after school club provision by running and extending sports clubs that promote health and fitness.
- Allow the school to take part in competitive sporting events with other schools.